Best under-desk foot rests of 2022
We may earn revenue from products on this page, and we may participate in affiliate programs.
Published Sep 27, 2022 11: 00 AM
When it comes to sitting at a computer all day, ergonomics is everything. A great foot rest can help you get up from the ground. There is nothing worse than trying your best to concentrate on your tasks or pay attention in a long meeting only to be hit with severe back pain or shoulder aches. A comfortable, soft, and luxuriously padded under-desk footrest can help you maintain a proper posture while sitting. It will also ease the pressure on your joints. An ergonomic foot rest will remind you to keep your feet straight, maintain a straight posture, and not cross your legs. This can help you avoid stiffness and pain by increasing blood flow and circulation. Keeping all of this in mind, we’ve selected five of the best under-desk foot rests of 2022 to make working hard feel easier.
- Best overall: ComfiLife Foot Rest for Under Desk
- Best for pregnancy: Everlasting Comfort Office Foot Rest for Under Desk
- Best wooden: Humanscale FM 300 Foot Machine Footrest
- Best ergonomic: Cushion Lab Ergonomic Foot Rest
- Best budget: Basic Concepts Under Desk Foot Rest
How we chose the best under-desk foot rests
Based on a few key criteria, we compared peer recommendations, user impressions, and reviews to determine the best under-desk footrests. To prevent foot odors ruining your favorite office gadget, we looked at options that could be machine washed. We considered different materials such as memory foam or wooden, as well as footrests in a variety of colors to offer you a wide range of aesthetic options. We also considered adjustable footrests for under desks to accommodate different body heights.
Foot rests’ benefits vary depending on who they are used by, but we have a few universal advantages that we considered when selecting the best under-desk footrests:
- They provide comfort. Footrests are comfortable, soft, and cloud-like thrones that support your feet. They can be used in place of hardwood floors to provide comfort and relaxation.
- They can improve posture. Studies show that proper posture and alignment are important for overall body health and that sitting with your legs crossed can have negative effects on the body. Proper posture and alignment can be maintained by using under-desk footrests.
- They may help with circulation. Under-desk foot rests encourage foot movement so you won’t stay in one position for too long. This promotes blood flow and better circulation.
The best under-desk foot rests of 2022: Reviews & Recommendations
Our picks will ensure that you have a range of prices to suit your budget. Keep in mind that you can still get durable, high-quality under-desk footrests that won’t break the bank.
Best overall: ComfiLife Foot Rest for Under Desk
Why it made it: The under-desk footrest is a combination of all the best, and a really comfortable experience. It can be machine washed, is lightweight, and made of high-quality memory foam. It works well for both tall and heavy customers.
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 12 x 6 inches
- Material: Memory foam
- Great for tall/heavy people
- Super comfortable
- Made from high-quality memory foam
- Washable, removable cover
- Not ideal for super short people
- Pricier option
With over 7,000 positive Amazon reviews, this high-quality memory-foam foot rest is essential for anyone that’s stuck at a desk all day. These footrests are more durable than the crappy plastic alternatives, and still come in a reasonable price range. The plush, squishy material is soft enough to wear on your feet but not so soft that it becomes uncomfortable. Memory foam provides a little bit of resistance to help maintain a solid posture. The outer layer can be machine washed! To stimulate circulation and blood flow, you can flip it over. Some customers may find the adjustable height annoying.
Best for pregnancy: Everlasting Comfort Office Foot Rest for Under Desk
Why it made it: Pregnant feet with swelling and pain will love this memory foam under-desk footrest that offers soft, squishy comfort. It can also be machine washed so spills and spit-up will not be a problem when the baby arrives.
- Weight: 1.1 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 17 x 9.5 x 4. 75 inches
- Material: Memory Foam
- Super-soft memory foam
- Machine washable
- Certified non-toxic and safe materials
- 2-in-1 stationary foot rest and rocking foot rest
- Metal zipper can scratch hardwood floors
- Very very soft; some people prefer more firm support
This non-slip, 100% memory foam under-desk foot rest for swollen feet is perfect for achy joints and pregnant mothers who need a little TLC. Memory foam is great because it uses your body heat to conform to your foot shape. It bounces back after each use. Tested by OEKO-TEX to earn their coveted Standard 100 label, this footrest is also safe for you and your baby! It’s machine-washable–just unzip and toss it in the washing machine in case of any spills or stains (which is a huge plus when the baby comes). To increase circulation, you can flip it over to make it a rocking footrest.
Best wooden: Humanscale FM 300 Foot Machine Footrest
Why it made the cut This wooden under desk foot rest has a chic slab in wood connected to a sturdy steel frame. It’s lightweight, durable and great for people who are short.
- Weight: 10. 63 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 8. 75 x 16 x 6 inches
- Material: Wood
- Lots of positive reviews
- Customizable; three-inch height adjustments
- Great for short people
- High quality
- Easy to vacuum compared to foam
- Anti-slip texture on foot rest is scratchy
- Rolling could be smoother
The FR300 Foot Rocker features ball bearing rollers allowing users to rock their feet as they type away at their desk. This promotes circulation and is more ergonomic than placing your feet on the ground. The 3-inch height adjustment allows for custom positioning. This can help to relieve lower back pain depending where it is placed. It is lightweight and durable, and looks chicer than a foam pad. The footrest’s anti-slip texture can feel a little scratchy on bare feet. It’s also a bit more expensive because it’s made of natural wood.
Best ergonomic: Cushion Lab Ergonomic Foot Rest
Why it made it: This memory-foam footrest is luxurious and soft and stimulates blood flow for optimal support.
- Machine Washable: Yes (removable cover)
- Product Dimensions: 17 W x 10.5 L x 5 H inches
- Material: Memory foam
- Machine washable removable cover
- Ergonomic, patented design
- Charcoal-infused core prevents odor
- Good resistance while staying soft
- Comes in lots of colors
- Pricier than other models
This under-desk foot massager has memory foam with a twist! This under-desk footrest is super soft and provides resistance thanks to its WaveMassage technology. Many reviewers have noted that the “wavy” design is a pleasant way to rub your feet against your feet to stimulate circulation. The slipcover can be removed and washed. It also has a charcoal-infused core that prevents odor accumulation. It comes in a variety of colors so you can choose the one that suits your style. This is a great alternative to other models that can feel cold or boring. It feels like you’re walking on clouds, but it is more expensive than others.
Best budget: Basic Concepts Under Desk Foot Rest
Why it made the cut: For just about $25, you can get a high-quality under-desk foot rest that is soft yet firm with a non-slip, machine-washable cover!
- Weight: 1. 19 lbs
- Product Dimensions: 17.5 x 11.5 x 3.8 inches
- Material: Foam
- Made from premium foam
- Machine washable
- Most reviewers love the firmness-to-softness ratio
- Slides a bit on hardwood floors
- Doesn’t hold shape as well as more premium models
Made from high-quality foam, this machine-washable, non-slip under desk foot rest is breathable, comfortable, and durable. They have really mastered the art of firmness and softness ratio, according to many reviews. It’s not too soft that it melts into the floor, which defeats the purpose. It’s not so hard that it feels like an under-desk block. Some reviewers complained that the product sank in after a while and that it doesn’t hold its form as well as more expensive models. However, not everyone had the same experience. It can slide on hardwood floors so it is worth getting a little pad! But for about $25, this product is a total steal.
Q: How much do under-desk foot rests cost?
Under-desk foot rest costs can vary depending on materials and quality. A premium memory-foam footrest will cost more than a plastic one. You should be able to find a good foot rest for under $50.
Q: Do under-desk foot rests help with posture?
Under-desk foot rests can definitely help with posture by angling your legs and feet at a healthier placement, as well as encouraging movement of the feet and legs to maintain good posture, blood flow, and circulation. They discourage you from stooping with your legs crossed, which can lead to poor posture.
Q: How high should an under-desk foot rest be?
You should be able to make a 90-degree angle with your legs when your feet are on an under-desk foot rest.
Stop suffering from back and joint pain by sitting at your desk all day. You’ll feel the long-term effects of putting your feet on the hard floor at an odd angle. You’ll feel like a king and queen when you choose one of these luxurious, ergonomic under-desk footrests (or foot thrones).
I’m a journalist who specializes in investigative reporting and writing. I have written for the New York Times and other publications.